Although the official start of Spring is still a few weeks away, we should be seeing highs in the mid-to-upper 80s this Friday and Saturday. So, if you're not heading to the pool or the beach, check out some of these events this weekend.
- Starting this week and going through March 11th, come to Plant City, FL for the 77th Annual Strawberry Festival. There will be plenty of entertainment, from big-name singers and karaoke contests to carnival rides and, of course, everything strawberry-related -- more info on the complete schedule. Tickets are $8 adults / $4 kids avanced and $10 adults / $5 kids at the gate.
- The Cornell Fine Arts Museum at Rollins College is hosting its monthly First Fridays. That means free admission from 4:00pm to 8:00pm, gallery talk at 6:00pm, and light refreshments. There is also no admission to the Morse Museum's Friday Night Open House from 4:00pm to 8:00pm.
- Through March 11th, Orlando is hosting the Central Florida Fair. Get your advanced ticket at Walgreen's and save $14 on admission.
- Need an indoor activity for this rainy Sunday? Check out what's playing at the Orlando Science Center's CineDome.
- Check out a UCF baseball game this Friday, Saturday, or Sunday ($8, free for UCF students) or the UCF vs. UAB basketball game this Saturday (starting at $12.75, free for UCF students). Sunday at 2:00pm, the Harlem Globetrotters visit UCF (tickets tarting at $18). Don't forget to check the Rollins College sports calendar for more events.
- Friday night, 7:00pm, at A Comic Shop (114 S Semoran Blvd), watch a screening of Warren Ellis: Captured Ghosts, a documentary about Warren Ellis, the cyberpunk writer. Stay after for a Q&A with the director, popcorn, and drinks.
- For an early start to St. Patrick's Day festivities, come to Winter Park this Sunday at 2:00pm for the 33rd Winter Park St. Patrick's Day Parade.
Any interesting/cheap events missing from the list? Leave a comment below!