If all the excitement about the NBA All-Start Weekend isn't your bag, don't worry. There are some other cool things happening this weekend in and around Orlando.
- Go Learn Something New
- PechaKucha Night Orlando (pecha kucha being Japanese for "chit chat") is an event where people present 20 slides for 20 seconds each and you get to listen and learn. Come to 1121 N Mills Ave from 7:00pm to 10:00pm this Friday, $5.
- Go on an Art Walk
- Friday night starting at 6:00pm is the monthly Sanford Art Walk. Come for art, live music, food, and drinks.
- Go to a Viewing Party
- To celebrate the 84th Oscar ceremony this Sunday, the Enzian will be hosting an Academy Awards Viewing Party. Starting at 7:00pm, come sip drinks at the bar, get some snacks, or order some food and settle into. Also at the Enzian: midnight showing this Saturday of Full Metal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos.
- If, after all, you get sucked into the All-Star spirit this weekend, be sure to check out the Lake Eola All-Star Viewing Party, starting Sunday night at 6:00pm at the band shell. For art-lovers: Check out the All Star exhibit at Mother Falcon in Thornton Park starting this Saturday.
- Go See some Sports
- This Saturday, the Orlando City SC will be playing the Toronto FC at the Citrus Bowl. Game starts at 6:00pm and tickets start at $15.